Health, safety & security
What are the health and safety precautions taken throughout the camp?
- We stand by a safe and secure environment. The site is gated and WWSC has its own dedicated area within the compound.
- Strangers are not allowed within the WWSC camp area and visitors must be approved by the Director. Sleeping arrangements are separated by gender.
- Each dorm or tent has 1-2 counsellors of the same gender together with the youths.
- The high staff to camper ratio of 1:4 will warrant that ample attention can be given to individual campers and participants in ensuring their personal safety. Clear Health & Safety guidelines for staff and procedures are based on American Camping Association (ACA) guidelines.
- Should weather prove unsafe for outdoor activities, they will be rescheduled.
How can I ensure my child will receive medical attention necessary should the need arise?
- Gopeng town has a few private clinics operating from 9am-9pm. They are about 10-15 minutes’ drive away from camp.
- In case of a medical emergency, the nearest hospital is in Ipoh or Kampar, approximately 30 minutes away.
Does my child require any vaccinations/immunisations for this camp?
All Malaysians should have received the necessary immunisations from birth to 15 years old.
If you are unsure about your child's immunisations, or desire additional immunisations e.g. against meningitis, please consult your local General Practitioner.
Are there certified health and safety personnel on-site?
- We have qualified, MOH-trained camp doctors on site at any given time.
- There are trained lifesavers on site along with certified First Aiders.
- All campers will be equipped with a personal flotation device (PFD) during water activities and campers will be protected by the safety lines.
- There will be a qualified camp physiotherapist on particular days for minor injuries.